Post by 440music » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:09 am

Ubuntu 20.04LTS
OpenCart © 2009-2022 All Rights Reserved.
Version 4.0.1.1

I made changes to the security adding 2nd part authentication and now I'm locked out and not getting email to authenticate.
Is there a table/column in the database or config to set it back to password log-in only?
Where can I edit the SMTP mail server details?

Authentication Message:
Protect your account
You must answer security question whenever you login from an unknown device or computer.
An email has been sent to your email account with a security code. Enter the code below to continue.
Security Code

8)

Tommy TBones
Owner
440Music Entertainment Co
Chicago, IL
Indie Music Radio

Location - Chicago, IL USA

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:50 am

In your admin > systems > settings > edit settings > mail tab or in your PHPMyAdmin > your_oc_database > oc_setting table. Take note that editing the oc_setting values may involve JSON encoding string. Therefore, I would not recommend editing all the entries from PHPMyAdmin in there.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 440music » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:57 am

Thank you, with your help I found the change I needed to make to fix the 2 part authentication log-in issue I was having.

In phpMyAdmin I made a change to the table/column
oc_settings > (column) config_security changed the entry from 1 to 0 which turned off the 2 part security authentication

Thank you 8)

Tommy TBones
Owner
440Music Entertainment Co
Chicago, IL
Indie Music Radio

Location - Chicago, IL USA

Post by peter.evsroad » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:08 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:50 am
In your admin > systems > settings > edit settings > mail tab or in your PHPMyAdmin > your_oc_database > oc_setting table. Take note that editing the oc_setting values may involve JSON encoding string. Therefore, I would not recommend editing all the entries from PHPMyAdmin in there.
thanks its work with me :)

EVsROAD is a website that provides news and reviews about electric vehicles (EVs). To change the site to a shop store, you would need to add a shopping cart feature.