Post by uki » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:38 pm

My Opencart version - 3.0.3.2 running on shared cpanel on Godaddy
Hello all,

Facing a issue from past one week if alert mail is on for customer registration and new orders then on placing that order its going in missing in backend additionaly customer is getting 2006 my sql has gone away error.

Please Note - Using godaddy personal email in the mails setting and using one additional Gmail account in the additional email for alerts.

On turning off alert mail for order and customer registration this issue is getting resolved but i am not getting notifications for orders plus it is taking around 2.-30 seconds after clicking confirm order button to complete the order.

Any help will be really helpfull.

Thanks and regards

uki

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:15 pm

Check both your PHP and OpenCart error logs. What mail settings are you using? It could be that the mail server you're using isn't very good.

Also if your customer is seeing SQL errors, it probably means your error display settings are wrong.

You need make sure display errors in set to off in all 3 places. Your PHP settings, in system/config/default.php and in the settings. Not only can this cause minor notices and warnings to cause bigger errors, it can also be a security risk.

1. In your PHP settings make sure display_errors is set to Off. Use phpinfo() to check. It should be off by default, but there are lots of rubbish hosts out there.

2. In system/config/default.php set error_display to false.

3. In your OpenCart Setting on the server tab set Display Errors to No.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by uki » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:01 pm

I am using:
Mail Engine - Mail
Mail Parameters - Blank

SMTP Hostname - ssl://smtpout.secureserver.net
SMTP Username - myemail@mydomain.com
SMTP Password - my custom email password
SMTP Port - 25
SMTP Timeout - 5

at the backend also in order status if I am checking notify customer it's taking really long to update the status and if not checking notify customer status is getting updated instantly.

if I turn off the error displays it will resolve the error ??

uki

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:46 pm

Switching off error display won't solve the SQL gone away error, but is good practice anyway and could stop an error causing more issues.

The setting the mail engine to SMTP. You will probably need to change the port to 465 and increase the timeout.

You may also want to speak to your host about the issue.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by uki » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:05 pm

changing the mail engine and the above recommended port also didn't worked same issue continues.

uki

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:52 pm

If you have access to another SMTP server try that, which may rule out the problem being your local mail server.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member