Post by hannahleg » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:32 am

Hello,

Using OC version 3.0.3.7. Using the USPS shipping extension that came with it.

At first, First Class shipping wasn't showing as an option for domestic or international. I did find this old forum thread (viewtopic.php?t=221052) and it fixed the domestic First Class shipping so that's set now. But I cannot figure out how to get the international one to show up.

For the domestic method, it basically came down to the name of the shipping method. At some point, USPS changed the name of the method from "First-Class Mail Parcel" to "First-Class Package Service - Retail" so some code in the extension needed to be updated accordingly. However, I don't see similar code for International shipping, so I can't try to make that tweak to fix this other issue. (International Priority and Express options display fine.)

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:34 am

hannahleg wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:32 am
Hello,

Using OC version 3.0.3.7. Using the USPS shipping extension that came with it.

At first, First Class shipping wasn't showing as an option for domestic or international. I did find this old forum thread (viewtopic.php?t=221052) and it fixed the domestic First Class shipping so that's set now. But I cannot figure out how to get the international one to show up.

For the domestic method, it basically came down to the name of the shipping method. At some point, USPS changed the name of the method from "First-Class Mail Parcel" to "First-Class Package Service - Retail" so some code in the extension needed to be updated accordingly. However, I don't see similar code for International shipping, so I can't try to make that tweak to fix this other issue. (International Priority and Express options display fine.)
Better to use one from the Marketplace rather than using the one delivered from the core since core extensions may not be as up to date as the Marketplace releases.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:01 pm

Switch on the extension's debug and look in the error log for the XML return and check the service is listed. The data returned might give a clue as to why it's not showing.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by hannahleg » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:00 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:34 am
Better to use one from the Marketplace rather than using the one delivered from the core since core extensions may not be as up to date as the Marketplace releases.
Do you have a recommendation? I got one, but turns out it's using the native USPS one when looking for available methods...