Post by TonGeul » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:31 pm

www.toyotacrown.shop.
Journal 3, OC 3.0.3.8

As you can see in my webshop I sell carparts. I can be just one, I could be many as part of a complete system or "kit"
I use Opencat also as my stock manager, so I will know exactly all the time what is in stock.
And there comes the problem, selling just one tie rod end (part of the steering), all go well. Order one, deduct from stock and stock is up to date
But to make it customers easy, I want also be able to sell a complete kit, consists of 2 inner tie rod ends, 2 outer toe rod end, pitmanarm, idlerarm and 2 tie rods.
This can be sold as a kit , and to make it a bit attractive, with some extra discount.
But physically I do not have these complete set as stock, just as 8 seperate products.
Is it possible in one or another way to book this from stock in one go. So if the customer orders the set, the system will automatically deduct the products that are in these set like "composite article"

example of a product : https://www.toyotacrown.shop/SET-availa ... ct_id=1080, this set contains of 13 different products. I do have all these products also as seperate products in my webshop

Post by by mona » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:01 pm

Typing into google "opencart marketplace” "better together" "combo products” and one of those should do what you want - check they support your theme and do not be surprised if there is a surcharge for doing that

Happy Christmas and good luck with your store

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by TonGeul » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:23 pm

i appreciate your posting but that is excactly what I do not want. These have the same effect like Product Bundle. Like here : https://www.toyotacrown.shop/doorseals- ... er-MS50-RL
It must be possible for customers just to order a set with one click, the complete set, and in the packinglist it will show up in all seperate products

Post by by mona » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:13 pm

Your version you have to click each product - There are (or at least were) versions that do not allow you to select items separately they are sold as a bundle - although from memory - you could remove them from the cart - as they are individual items - but the discount removed also.

In theory you can force your version to do that - there is a commercial section viewforum.php?f=88 - someone will I am sure be able to force each one to be selected and remove the select tick - not sure how that is in the back end but again someone in the commercial section will be able to look

I personally would spend a little time search the marketplace again, but if you do not find anything as per your requirements you will have to get it made for you.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:50 am

Another shopping mall request.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:36 pm

Also, this forum does not support the Journal framework, for the latter they have their own support.

There might be some suitable extensions on the OpenCart marketplace for product combination, but these are Opencart extensions, not for the Journal3 framework, unless an extension author says otherwise.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member