Post by KemarArt » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:07 am

Hi team,

Has anyone ever experienced an issue where once opencart is deployed to a free hosting platform you are not able to sign in as admin or if you create a customer you are not able to sign?

Have configured opencart locally and now wanted to put it in a live testing environment and then reapply those configurations and send it to the client for review. If anyone can giveme any good advice as to how I should go about this I am a young developer trying to land my first client. Thanks in advance.

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:35 am

KemarArt wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:07 am
Hi team,

Has anyone ever experienced an issue where once opencart is deployed to a free hosting platform you are not able to sign in as admin or if you create a customer you are not able to sign?

Have configured opencart locally and now wanted to put it in a live testing environment and then reapply those configurations and send it to the client for review. If anyone can giveme any good advice as to how I should go about this I am a young developer trying to land my first client. Thanks in advance.
Simply look for a decent host. Even shared hosting is cheap.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by KemarArt » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:18 am

It might not be the host I am seeing where other people have experienced this issue. There is the link to the thread but I have tried all in the thread but no fix as yet.

viewtopic.php?t=217805

Post by KemarArt » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:48 am

I found the fix. It was an issue with the session cookies' lifetime.

viewtopic.php?p=680870#p680870

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:47 am

Since issue has been fixed since quite sometime in the opencart-3 version as it no longer uses ini_get() function.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Guru Member

Post by KemarArt » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:42 am

@ straightlight I am using the 3.0.3.8 version and I was still getting the issue. But as I said by following the instructions in another thread I was able to fix it. Not that I am not saying you are wrong because of the project I am working on I had to move away from free hosting and go premium and I did not have this issue when I install opencart 3.0.3.8 on the premium server. So it might be an issue when using free hosting.