Post by S3vt » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:44 am

Hello, I have awful problem. Several months ago my website was migrated from opencart 1.5.6 to 3.0.3.8. I had about 2000 registered clients til this moment. Soon after migration few of my clients alert me that they see orders of other people (again registered clients) in their accounts.
I'm using memcached option activated from cpanel. I started to login as a client in their accounts in other to check the their order list - not every client with order have this problem, but the number of clients affected is large.
The bad thing is that some of the clients registered after the migration and made an order suddenly in their account appears another order made from different person. Which means that this issue can appears over and over again, not only for the period when the site was migrated.
What might be the problem: Opencart issue, database issue, memcached issue, or hosting related? The hosting is still the same before, during and after migration.
I noticed 2 other posts for a similar issue, but since I'm not aware of the technical data I can't decide what to do. Any other had the same problem?

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Could be a cache issue. Where your cache is storing one customer's page and then serving it to another customer or sessions are being cached. Are you using any theme or extensions that add caching? Are you using any third party service that add caching?

Could also be a database issue where the order_id is being reused in the order or order_pproduct tables somehow. Can you view the other orders and whose address do they have?

Could also be an issue with a theme or one page checkout extension. What theme and extensions are you using?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by SohBH » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:16 pm

Hi
Can you check in phpMyAdmin
Go to customer table

Code: Select all

SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()

Business Web Development | Content Creation | Analytics and Reporting | SEO

Location - Malaysia

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:05 pm

S3vt wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:44 am
my website was migrated from opencart 1.5.6 to 3.0.3.8.
How? By whom?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by by mona » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:15 pm

The process is straightforward, always start with the data.

1) check to see if the data in the database reflects what is displayed.
2) take the order id and check if the products assigned to that order_id are correct.
3) check if the customer id assigned to that order_id is correct.

Do that for all the questionable orders you know about.

if the data is correct, then I agree with ADDCreative above - you are probably caching, i.e. the user is not seeing the correct data. You can double check that by turning any caching off, including server and browser caching.

if the data is incorrect, then you have bigger issues in the order recording part but that would be rare.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by S3vt » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:38 pm

Thank you all for suggestions. The most possible reason might be the client data in the database, not caching issue which were my first thoughts. I arranged profesional to solve it and will write again with the final result.

Post by canvasbay » Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:43 am

Hello what was the solution ? I have the same issue :( thanks

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:04 am

canvasbay wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:43 am
A clean migration is the solution in this case. The data needs to be properly integrated in order to avoid such scenarios to occur. If you're not sure on how to integrate the data from your previous store version, you could either use a free extension from the Marketplace to keep the most relevant data, or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact me directly via the forum PM if you have more important data than what the core already provides.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:20 pm

canvasbay wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:43 am
And did it happen after a recent migration?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom