Post by adabob » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:11 pm

I have some customers that have more than one account, this is due to using more than one email address over the years. What I want to do is be able to merge the accounts into one. Thus older orders are still maintained and added to the new account history. Is this possible or does someone sell an extension to do this? Thank you ???

Post by Avvici » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:36 am

Is a really good idea for an extension :) This would take some obvious coding but could easily be done with just two parameters (being two customer account ID's or emails. You could simply choose which which way you wanted the combination to go and click GO. Once all data has been combined to one customer it would flush out the old.
I think I will dev this as a vqmod.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by Russell Mann » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 am

Any luck on this one?

Post by Avvici » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:11 am

Its on my list. I didn't know you were still looking. I will promise to have it done by the end of the week :)

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by AliceH » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm

I also have customers with more than one account, I would like to tidy this up.

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/

Location - Australia

Post by Avvici » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:48 am

adabob wrote:I have some customers that have more than one account, this is due to using more than one email address over the years. What I want to do is be able to merge the accounts into one. Thus older orders are still maintained and added to the new account history. Is this possible or does someone sell an extension to do this? Thank you ???
I had started this extension but, after more thought, there is no way to join any two accounts other than doing it MANUALLY because each customer ID and email is unique. You can't have the same email nor can you have the same customer ID even if they are the same customer. Yes, you may have customer accounts from the same customer under "different" emails but there is no GO BUTTON you can press to join them because there needs to be a relation (id). It's not a good idea to use the customer name as the relation because some people have the same name!

I will still do the extension as long as you understand it would be a master list of all customers....and the ability to JOIN multiple together from this list O0

Let me know.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by rwalker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:18 pm

avvici -arvixe- wrote:
adabob wrote:I have some customers that have more than one account, this is due to using more than one email address over the years. What I want to do is be able to merge the accounts into one. Thus older orders are still maintained and added to the new account history. Is this possible or does someone sell an extension to do this? Thank you ???
I had started this extension but, after more thought, there is no way to join any two accounts other than doing it MANUALLY because each customer ID and email is unique. You can't have the same email nor can you have the same customer ID even if they are the same customer. Yes, you may have customer accounts from the same customer under "different" emails but there is no GO BUTTON you can press to join them because there needs to be a relation (id). It's not a good idea to use the customer name as the relation because some people have the same name!

I will still do the extension as long as you understand it would be a master list of all customers....and the ability to JOIN multiple together from this list O0

Let me know.

Hello,
I was curious if you had finished this.
Thank you!

Discount Golf Clubs and Golf Equipment - Powered by Opencart

Post by Avvici » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:07 am

Actually, I am back in the game so YES! I am getting it done. I was gone for 6 months so I haven't worked on anything!.

To expand on the prior post above this there actually is one identifying parameter that you could possible use to locate multiple accounts via one customer and that is IP ADDRESS. It really is the ONLY thing available to get a somewhat accurate count on customers that have more than one account. Other than that...there will be just a way to manually trim up the customer table by using check-boxes or something.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by rwalker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Hello,
Glad your back :)
Wouldn't Billing address be a good matching point also?

Post by Avvici » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:29 am

Yes this is a good idea

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by rwalker » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 am

avvici -arvixe- wrote:Yes this is a good idea
Hello,
Another thing I have noticed is that a customer can have an account with an email address as: Test@test.com, and have another account as test@test.com.

I have been looking around the forum for a while on having letter capitalization no be a factor.

Post by Avvici » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:33 am

I was not aware of this. It's easily fixed by forcing all strings to lower case as their being checked against other records ->LCASE

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by adabob » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:27 am

Did anyone create an extension to merge duplicate custonet accounts or is there a manual way to combine orders n history from two accounts from same customer?

Post by Rainforest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:05 am

Resurrecting this post in 2020

Lot's of duplicate accounts (same email address) in my system. Looking to consolidate them.

Any ideas?

Self Taught Opencart User & Developer Since 2010.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:19 am

Rainforest wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:05 am
Resurrecting this post in 2020

Lot's of duplicate accounts (same email address) in my system. Looking to consolidate them.

Any ideas?
No OC version posted. Forum rules.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 am

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by davecook80 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:28 am

Hi,
I had seen this post as we needed this feature also. Mikhail "Liveopencart" has now added it to his very good Customer Extended Features extension. We have purchased this directly from him and convinced him to add it to the market place. You can also merge guest customers orders with same registered account email in the order list page too.
Link below.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 20features

Location - Australia