This simple vqmod allows you to have multiple options in lines so they are next to each other instead of 1 column.
Version 1.1 has fixed the problem of it not placing the equal number of option to all lines.
You will need to open the file and change the number on line 10 to the number of option you want on each line.
1) Unzip the file.
2) upload the vqmod directory to your root directory.
3) open file and edit lines 10 and 11.
Line 10 sets how many options you want to show on 1 line
Line 11 set the border for the boxes if you wish to have them.
Now this was only tested on 1.5.6-1.5.64 and it should work with other themes besides the default IF you have not changed you product.tpl file and it should work on older versions of opencart. If not just let me know and I will see if I can make one for your version.
If you like this you can get Option Positioning Made Easy Pro at
This extension will allow you to layout your options on your product pages.
• You can lay out your options in a lines or a columns but sorry not both.
• You can set how many options you would like per line.
• You can set if you want what type of option is on its own separate line.
• You can set if your Radio Buttons are displayed vertically or horizontally.
• You can set if your Checkbox is displayed vertically or horizontally.