NEW 2.0 Compatible Version. Read about 2.0.x updates
DEPENDING ON WHAT TYPE OF ACCOUNT YOU HAVE WILL DEPEND ON WHICH CANADA POST API YOU WILL NEED.
IF YOUR CUSTOMER ID STARTS WITH "CPC_XXXX_XXX" THEN YOU NEED THIS VERSION
IF YOUR CUSTOMER ID USES AND API LOGIN AND PASSWORD THEN YOU NEED THE NEW VERSION CALLED "CANADA POST WEBSERVICE LIVE
Supported OpenCart Versions:
What does it do:
This contrib adds real-time rates for Canada Post as a shipping option on your store using their older "Sell Online" rating service.
You can use your own Canada Post account or use the demo account.
Customers can choose from the available rates returned by the lookup and checkout. This ensures they are paying the correct amount.
When using Individual Package mode, CP will return the recommended box size for combined item shipping and it will be stored in the order comments.
Your host must allow php curl or fsock connections
Your host must unblock port 30000 (outbound)
You must have a Sellonline API account (will NOT work with the new Canadapost API accounts)
To test if port 30000 is unblocked, use the included "canada_post_test.php" file by uploading it to your site root and opening that file from a browser.
You need to have the vQmod Engine installed from http://vqmod.com for the box sizes to be written to the order comments.
* Customers Get live shipping rates from Canada Post immediately during checkout. Automatically displays the proper quotes based on customer country code.
* Since Canada Post doesn't offer their lettermail rates from their server, you can manually specify Lettermail rates to support smaller packages. The customer will be shown the rate that matches their package weight (500g or less)
* Supports Local, USA and Int'l rates.
* Configurable supported shipping methods. Choose from all available service options and check the ones you will support on your store.
* Full error message support. If there are account problems, or quote problems, or zip code verification problems, it will display a proper notification.
* Customizable service names in language file
* Returns box packaging sizes from Canada Post if using individual packages and ready-to-ship set to false.