ExtendedSearch - Extended Opencart Search Engine
It is no secret that the standard Opencart search is far from ideal:
- search in fields Model, SKU, EAN, JAN, ISBN and MPN is possible only with strict conformity;
- on the part of the word search is possible only by product name and tags;
- search at attributes is not available;
ExtendedSearch module extends the standard search functionality in the store, allowing you to customize the search engine in the admin panel (in the settings of the module).
When module activated, on the search page will display products with a partial match query in fields Model, SKU, EAN, JAN, ISBN, MPN, Location and attributes.
DEMO 15x / DEMO 2x / DEMO 3x
Just try to search products at attributes and etc (see detail on product pages)
ADMIN 15x / ADMIN 2x / ADMIN 3x /
✔ Search by multiple words (or a parts of words) in the fields Model, SKU, EAN, JAN, ISBN and MPN;
✔ Added search at Location field;
✔ Added search at Attributes of goods;
✔ If you disable the corresponding field in the module settings - search on this field will be as before, with standard mechanism of Opencart;
✔ Support Opencart versions 1.5.4.x - 3.0.2.x;
- for versions below 2.0 requires VQMOD;
- used OCMOD for 2x and above;
ExtendedSearch module was created as FREE independent add-on for module AutoSearch
1. Copy contents from UPLOAD folder into Opencart directory (core files not are replaced)
2. Add permission for module/extendedsearch in System > Users > User Groups
3. Install & configure ExtendedSearch module in Extensions > Modules
1. Upload archive ocmod.zip for your version in Extensions > Extension Installer *
2. Refresh the modifications cache in Extensions > Modifications
3. Add permission for module/extendedsearch in System > Users > User Groups
4. Install & configure ExtendedSearch module in Extensions > Modules
* If you don't set up FTP to upload archives ocmod.zip in Extension Installer - just use this patch
1. Upload archive extended-search_3x.ocmod.zip in Extensions > Installer
2. Refresh the Modifications cache in Extensions > Modifications
3. Refresh theme cache in Dashboard > Developer Settings
4. Add permission for extension/module/extendedsearch in System > Users > User Groups
5. Install & configure ExtendedSearch module in Extensions > Modules
If module not works:
The most common reason - forgot to update the cache modifications after uploading in Extension Installer.
Enable module and sku search, fill field sku in some product, input this sku in store search field and press Enter.
If nothing found - see modification log (the most recent entries, where ExtendedSearch) and fix xml for your site.
PS: and do not confuse AutoSearch (preview instant search) and ExtendedSearch (extended search mechanism)
MAY BE INTERESTED: