Opencart Point Of Sale System (POS)
refers to a system where the merchant can create the order from his physical store using the POS and the order will be generated in the Opencart.
The Basic feature of the POS system for Opencart is to create the order in front of the customer so that customers can purchase the goods from a physical store as well as from the online eCommerce store.
Many of our users queried as to how long will the POS system will take to open on their system so below we have mentioned some of the sample time duration that our team has tested to provide you a brief idea about the time frame.
1) The Product load time after the pos page open(internal load data do not reflect in the UI) is not included in the above time frame.
2) The following performance results are average of data testing at the variable network, system, and server speeds so there may be variation.
Opencart Point of sales system allows the creation of a sales agent who can manage the store. The module allows efficient inventory management, sales agent management, customer management, and supplier information management.
The sales agent can place orders easily on behalf of the customers in the physical store.
For OpenCart Marketplace, kindly refer to the Opencart Marketplace POS
POS Extension also manages multi-warehouse inventory based on the outlet.
- Admin can easily manage the inventory and sales.
- Admin can create more users to operate the POS system.
- Products can be searched by typing in the Product Name, Model, SKU, or the Barcode in the search box.
- Product Report section with details related to the products and sales report.
- Enable and Disable Online/Offline mode for the User.
- The agent can add custom product which is not in the inventory into cart directly(A service or a product not available in the current inventory, etc.).
- Custom price update for any product which is already added to cart.
- Supports two types of payment method cash payment and custom payment method.
- The agent can request the update of the low stocks.
- The agent can make easy returns.
- Supports home delivery feature.
- The sales-person can even charge the home delivery fees if the customer wants the order to be delivered at home.
- The customer can use their credit balance while making a purchase.
- Admin can manage both the store inventory (offline & online) with this single module.
- Generate Barcodes for the products automatically via the admin panel.
- Print the barcodes and add barcodes to your products.
- Set the barcode size from the backend.
- It can even regenerate and mass generates the barcodes.
- Real-time synchronization.
- Separate POS ORDER management.
- Easy transaction process.
- The module supports RTL also.
1) The Opencart POS connects directly only to the Printer, and barcode reader, whereas it doesn’t connect directly with the cash drawer and card swiping machine.
2) POS requires a browser to work on it.
3) You cannot add the new customer in Offline mode.
PWA POS Desktop App:
POS plugin along with the world's first POS Progressive Web Desktop Application (PWA). We have made easy for our users to install the desktop application for any operating system from Google Chrome Browser.
The admin can edit the layout of POS from the backend as per requirement.
The admin will easily be able to manage the POS from the backend. Wherein the admin will set a configuration for sales agent, guest customer, payment, shipping, barcode and PWA(along with its layout).
The store owner can create an outlet and users to manage the outlet. The admin can assign products to the outlet. This will allow easy physical stores located in different locations.
The admin can manage the product details like the name, image, model number, barcode, price, total quantity, status, and assigned POS quantity. The admin can generate and print the barcodes of the product in a bulk.
If the selected UPC/SKU/EAN is not available in a product then barcode will generate with the product Id.
The admin will be able to check the POS reports for the product and the sales.
However, the sales report will have Outlet Name, Customer Name, Total Amount of purchase made by the customer, Order Date, Payment Method selected, Order Status, and POS User assigned to the order.
The admin can manage the returns from the backend. The admin can change the status of the returned product. The admin can apply the filter to fetch out the return orders.
The admin can set the details of the suppliers and manage the supplier’s products. This section will have a separate supplier and product details.
The sales agent can checkout on behalf of the customer in a physical store. They can manage the quantity of the product purchase, the weight of the product, add custom or coupon-based discount.
The POS agent can mark the returns of the product from the front end. The POS agent needs to mention the reason for the return of the product.
Thes sales agent can set the POS to enter the personal details and the default language and currency.
The sales agent can look for the desired product using the name of the product, SKU or barcode. It allows the quick management of the physical stores.
The POS sales agent can easily check out the products. Here, the sales agent can select the product add them to cart, manage the quantity required.
Then the sales agent can select the customer name to whom the order belongs, payment method and complete the checkout.
Opencart POS System Add-ons: