The extension enables automatic execution of the adapted module code (compatible with "Task Scheduler API") according to a defined schedule. By default it includes the following tasks:
- downloading a file from ftp (port 21 only)
- downloading a file from public http/https locations
- requesting any http/https URL (it is useful for executing some 3rd party scripts which are supposed to be calling periodically)
At the present moment, the following extensions support the Task Scheduler API:
1. 'CSV Product Export' module
2. 'CSV Product Import' module
Overview of Task Scheduler extension at youtube
If your hosting does not offer cron job configuration then you can use external services like these:
http://www.easycron.com or https://www.setcronjob.com/.
- interface is in English language only;
Feel free to post comments below if you have any questions or notes regarding the extension.