This OpenCart Blog module is aimed to provide a strong and easy tool to create and post content that will help you sell better.
You can post like WordPress and publish your articles, news and posts like any good blog out in the market.
We are progressing and updating our product on a daily basis and we aim to add more and more features on a weekly basis. (Any features suggestions from the Users will be highly appreciated)
This Blog will come with additional modules that will be integrated with OpenCart products and categories to allow you to sell your products via blog posts.
The link of this blog with the OpenCart system makes it different from WordPress or any separate blog you use with OpenCart in subdirectory or subdomain.
With some bundled modules you can show the blog articles on any other page of your OpenCart stores like product, category or search so it will make your blog integrated closely with the cart system.
The Power of OpenCart Blog Module: Why You Should Have A Blog ON Your Store
Power comes as you can create landing pages in this blog and sell your products in a better way.
Here are a few reasons to choose this module.
1. Article Create, update, delete and listing
2. Article Tags
3. Categories Create, update, delete and listing
4. Latest Articles Module that can be shown on any layout like any other Opencart module
5. Blog Articles / Posts Quick Live Search.
6. Featured Articles / Posts Module that can be shown on any layout like any other Opencart module.
7. Ability to show latest Articles / Posts and Featured Posts on homepage and product pages.
8. Design very close to Opencart default theme and pretty clear and nice.
9. Articles / Posts Featured Images.
10. Related Products section with articles so you can add some products to show on the article page.
11. SEO URL's for Articles / Posts and Categories
13. SEO meta tags for Articles / Posts and Categories.
14. Social Media Sharing for Posts.
15. Comments on Posts, Comments Moderation, edit, delete by admin
16. User needs login to comment so a chance to send them newsletters.
17. Ability to move an article to the trash instead of permanent deletion, this saves you from SEO Penalty for missing link.
Additional Layout Sub Modules that can be shown on any Opencart layout/page:
1. Featured Posts
2. Latest Posts
3. Search Posts
4. Blog Categories Menu
5. Post Tags
v 1.1 Nov 28,2018
1. Blog posts table layout changes(filters, status, multiple delete and copy)
2. Categories table changes(status and confirmation message on delete category)
3. Created blog trash posts table which have the restore and permanent delete options
Dec 18, 2018
1. /blog SEO URL support added.
I m getting table not found SQL error or empty screen or 505 pages on front end and backend
As Opencart has removed support for SQL scripts in OCmod extension, the customer has to trigger installation by just opening the blog setting module in the admin panel extension section at least one time.
If you open the blog settings module, it checks and creates a database table necessary for this extension to work properly.
I m not able to see menu items for the blog in the left menu on admin panel
Please refresh modifications so the menu script comes in action. Go to admin > extension > modifications, on the top right press the refresh button. It will reload the page after enabling the blog menu ocmod.