Bulk Product Import
- is a large module, that allows you to import a large number of products and their properties at one time.
All Opencart users are well aware of how tedious the process of filling an online store with goods can be. This process is especially complicated and time-consuming when there are many products in your online store. This module is designed to solve this problem.
This module supports many customizations. Such as, for example, creating attributes, filters, discounts and much more. You can also upload products to several categories at once.
This module is especially convenient in cases where you need a quick and easy update of the balances of goods in your online warehouse, since you can specify the url of the synchronization file.
This is a common version of full module. This free version has only CSV file type available. If you want more file types, or maybe you need some more customization, check Bulk Product Import PRO or contact us. We are always opened for conversation.
Dear user, if you have any question about this product, just check documentation or write your question in comments section. We would be glad to answer and satisfy your interests.
And don't forget also to leave your feedback. Any notice about the product is very important for our team and its further development.
First of all, you need to upload zip file to your website in Extensions
. Then, go to Extensions
and refersh modificators.
Also you may need to add usage permission. Go to System
and select Administrator
. There you need to Select all
Please don't forget to add csv for free and xlsx filetypes to permitted list. Otherwise you will get error Invalid File Type
To do this:
System -> Stores -> (yourstore name) -> Server -> Allowed File Extensions
Add here csv
entry for free and xlsx
for payed version
System -> Stores -> (yourstore name) -> Server -> Allowed File Mime Types
For every product in data file you should specify unique Model value. It can be same for product if it has options (like color or size).
On updating via importer you can change all products fields except Model field.
NOTE FOR CSV FILE TYPE
CSV FILES MUST BE WITH ; SEMICOLON DELIMITER
ENCODING OF CSV FILE MUST BE UTF8 (to avoid misinterpretation of non latin symbols)
First of all, open the module's page.
Then add new "Importer" at the top. By default it will be a "CSV Import".
Sections and Fields
Here is a little explanation of what module's fields and sections are.
1) Source Name
- The actual name of the current importer;
2) Source Language
- The language of the current importer;
3) File Url
- The url of a source file, you want to import;
1) Source Group 1
- The first grouping field;
2) Source Group 2
- The second grouping field;
3) Source Group 3
- The third grouping field;
The best practice is to set category name as group.
Product general info
- The model of a product;
- The name of a product;
- The description of a product;
- Product manufacturer;
- The list of tags of a product;
6) Barcode (EAN)
- The barcode of a product;
7) Manufacturer product number (MPN)
- The MPN of a product;
- Product weight;
- Product width;
- Product length;
- Product height;
Here you can also see Filter
checkboxes. By checking them you can decide whether a certain product property will be is's attribute or/and filter.
1) Reward price %
- The amount of reward points that a product costs;
2) Reward price coefficient %
- Here you can enter the common reward cost for all products manually;
3) Reward bonus %
- The amount of reward bonus points that you will be given after the purchasing of a product;
4) Reward bonus coefficient %
- Here you can enter the common reward bonus points for all products manually;
- Product price;
2) Stock count
- Actual product quantity;
3) Sort Order
- Product sort order;
4) Stock status
- The status of product, when it's quantity is zero;
5) Min order size
- Minimal product quantity that can be purchased;
1) Image handling
- Here you can choose the way product images will be loaded: either from specified folder or from specified url;
2) Main image
- Product main image;
3) Additional Image 1-5
- Product additional images;
- Just enter the name of the option, it's source field in the file and the type of the option;
1) Attibute 1-12
- Product attributes. Note that the first input is needed to enter the name of an attrbiute and to specify it's group (Format mentioned in the input);
2) Attribute Group
- Product attributes. If you have a plenty of attributes or more than 12 ones, you will need to create a special field in your source file, that contains comma separated attribute values. In the input you need to specify the name and the group of an attribute (Format mentioned in the input). Note that it's important to follow the same order of attributes both in file's field and in the Attribute group
1) Parsing mode
- Tell the module to detect only changed products or to update all products, that are in source file;
2) Delete absent in sources products after import
- Just choose "Yes" or "No";
3) Import of images
- Either allow downloading of all images of all products or download images just of changed ones;
4) Meta Tag Keyword prefix
- The prefix of meta-tag keywords;
5) Meta Tag Description prefix
- The prefix of meta-tag description;
7) Filter delimiters
- If your attributes contain some special symbols of commas, you can set other delimiter in order to avoid misparsing;
8) Round to (0.01 1.00 5.00)
- Choose the rounding algorithm according to your needs;
9) Tax class
- Class of tags used in your online store;
Uploading and Import
After the moment you are sure that all fields are completed correctly you can upload source file.
On the Import page you need to choose the destination categories of each group specified on previous page. You can also set some discount or commission on this page.
When all the categories are set, just click Import and wait for the end of process.
Here the results of the import:
Now it's done. You have imported products from the source file successfully. Remember, that the configuration of the last import is saved and you don't need to set it anymore.