Image Compress with Squeezeimg (support v. 1.5-3.*)
Use the Image Compress with Squeezeimg extension to optimize the size of your website's images, speed up page loading, save space, and improve your Google rankings. You can set up a CRON job to automatically compress your product images.
The Image Compress with Squeezeimg extension takes advantage of the functionality of the Squeezeimg Image Optimizer to quickly minimize the size of your images.
How it works?
Install the Image Compress with Squeezeimg extension to your website.
You DON'T NEED to install ANY OTHER extensions and libraries!!!
Also, register your Squeezeimg account (https://squeezeimg.com) and get an API key to use on your website. You can use 1000 images per month for FREE, or you need to pay for any Squeezeimg Image Optimizer plan to use more images.
Then Image Compress with Squeezeimg extension will do all the image optimization for you!
Fast compression and conversion of images without visible quality loss using the Squeezeimg service. This feature minimizes the size of all your images and increases the loading speed of your websites and applications. On average, images are compressed by 50-80% and pages of a website or application load much faster.
You can use the extension to compress images of any size and the most popular formats - PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF, SVG, BMP, TIFF.
Also extension allows you to convert images to webP and jp2 format. After conversion, your images are reduced by 50% compared to the original images.
With one API key, you can compress and convert up to 1000 of your images every month for FREE.
If that's not enough for you, you can choose and pay for a suitable Squeezeimg Image Optimizer plan (check out all pricing at https://squeezeimg.com/pricing).
Use Lazy Load as an additional way to improve page load times and overall website performance.
Lazy Load delays loading ALL of your images, not just catalog images like: logo, cms images, module images, theme images, etc.
Also, with this extension, you can create a complete sitemap with XML image in a few seconds and upload it to Webmaster from Google and Yandex.
It increases the ranking of your website and improves its SEO, since it allows search engines to find and crawl all the images of your website faster.
Apply the Image Compress with Squeezeimg extension and:
- Increase website/app loading speed, improve website/app SEO rank.
- Improve the loyalty of your customers by making your pages load faster.
ATTENTION!!! The plugin works correctly if you considered the following specification:
- The extension works on servers under Apache2, Nginx.
- The extension does not work with Microsoft IIS without the Rewrite module.
- The extension works with themes such as Journal2, Journal3 and others.
- The extension will not work if you have the Pagespeed Module enabled on the server from Google.
- Adds gzip compress for Apache server.
- It saves original image files.
- Added lazy load for images.
- Auto convert images (run CRON command).
- You can change the quality of compress.
- You can choose files which you want to compress.
- The plugin does not delete your images' classes in frontend.
- It compresses an unlimited number of images.
- Create an XML images sitemap.
- Download and install the plugin;
- Register your Squeezeimg account;
- In the plugin settings, add the API key that generated in the Squeezeimg service;
- Select the parameters for image compression and conversion;
- Optimize images;
- Enable the Lazy load function (if necessary);
- Use a complete sitemap with an XML image (if necessary);
- As a result, the optimized images are added to your website.