Note Regarding Opencart v2.x.x Support
Work on a brand new version of this extension, with added features specifically for Opencart v2, will begin in February, and I hope to be releasing it soon after. For emails informing you of updates as they come, sign up to the mailing list
. I won't spam, promise! If you buy now or have already purchased this extension, you'll get a discount code for v2 when signed up to the mailing list.
What does it do, exactly?
This plugin overrides standard OpenCart downloads, enabling you to host your files on Amazon S3. You can choose from files already in your Amazon S3 bucket, or you can make use of the upload feature to automatically send the file to your bucket when you create the download in your Opencart Admin.
* Note that URL cloaking works by first downloading the file to your server, and then passing it to the customer. This means you will use more bandwidth. If you're hosting large files, you may also run into memory limits. If that happens, speak to your host.
- Host your downloadable products on Amazon S3
- Upload new files to your bucket directly from Opencart
- Option to upload selected files to your own hosting
- Backwards-compatible - won't break any downloads you already added
- 5 minute expiry on download links to prevent unauthorised sharing
- Optional URL cloaking to hide the fact you're hosting files on Amazon S3*
- Support for Opencart versions 1.4.9 - 1.5.6.x